Saturday, February 11, 2012

For Her. And for Me.

Whitney Houston
1963 - 2012

My eating was off track today. It started out with minor deviations from paleo, and then I found myself in a full blown sugar binge this evening.  I haven't done that in a long time. As I was sitting in my living room eating reeses peanut butter cups and surfing Facebook, I heard about Whitney Houston's death. She was basically my age, just a few years younger. I loved her in The Body Guard, and I wanted to BE her. I had a crush on Kevin Costner, and wanted him to be my body guard too. I listened to "I Will Always Love You"  over and over and pretended I could sing it like she did. Whitney Houston was talented and beautiful. And haunted by addiction. Now she's dead way too soon. I don't know why, but it's likely because she was never able to conquer her demons.  I cried for her. And for me. Then I walked to the trash and threw out the rest of the candy.

No comments: