Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My New Favorite Food

Dirty Cauliflower Rice

My new favorite food is cauliflower rice. Back at the beginning of the year I discovered zucchini noodles and became a little obsessed with finding different ways to use them.  Now I'm hooked on cauliflower, specifically cauliflower rice.  Tonight I whipped up a skillet of "dirty" cauliflower rice using a bowl of leftover cauliflower rice from Sunday night's stir fry.  I added to it leftover ground pork & veggies from this morning's egg muffins. 

My leftover cauliflower rice had been steamed, so it didn't require cooking beyond just re-heating. I added it to the skillet first and seasoned it with salt and pepper.  Then I added the ground pork mixture (also pre-cooked), heated it through and voila.  Dirty Cauliflower Rice, a satisfying supper.

Note:  Dirty rice gets its name from the fact that it is cooked with a little meat (chicken, sausage, or whatever), and this gives it a dark or "dirty" look. 

No comments: