Monday, November 28, 2011

Make This For Dinner Tonight!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon

One of the yummiest dishes I made for Thanksgiving was also the easiest. My mom and sister both asked for the "recipe." Even my brother asked for it; everyone loved this dish. There were no leftovers!  I would make it again for dinner tonight, but I'm not eating bacon right now. I made an exception for Thanksgiving, but no more bacon until after my cholesterol re-test.  But all you bacon-eaters should go out right now and buy yourself a big bag of Brussels sprouts and some bacon. Make this for dinner tonight!

Note: the correct spelling is Brussels sprout, not brussel sprout. This little cabbage was named for the city of Brussels, Belgium.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Ingredients:
3 or 4 slices of bacon cut into bite size pieces
4 pints (or so) of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
sea salt
cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 425.
Arrange bacon in a single layer on large rimmed baking sheet. Bake until fat is rendered from the bacon, about 5 minutes or so. Remove from the oven. Add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Using a spatula stir/toss so that the sprouts are coated with the bacon fat. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.  Return to the oven and roast until the Brussels sprouts are browned and tender, about 20 minutes.

No comments: