Monday, July 8, 2013

Sweet Potato Pancakes




I had a leftover, baked sweet potato in the fridge that I needed to do something with, so I decided to make some pancakes. These are good, and the only sweetness comes from the potato—unless you drizzle them with honey or syrup, which I chose not to do. I topped mine with a little butter and found them very satisfying. So the next time you are baking sweet potatoes to go with your steak, throw in an extra one for pancakes on Sunday morning. This recipe makes about 12 three-inch pancakes.


4 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1 cup mashed sweet potato
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
butter or coconut oil for cooking

Whisk together the eggs, egg whites, sweet potato, coconut milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. For 3-inch pancakes, pour batter by scant ¼ cup measure onto pre-heated skillet (medium low heat). Makes 12 3-inch pancakes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am using this one, Pat.
Just was clicking through some old links on my bookmarks tab and came across your site ;)