Saturday, September 27, 2008

Girls Bite Out

Shana Performing at Java Monkey


A bunch of us went to Java Monkey last night to hear Shana peform. I was impressed again with how talented she is. I felt an undeserved sense of pride -- like I wanted to poke the person next to me and say, "I know that girl; she's my coach and my friend" -- as if being her friend gives me permission to bask in her glow. But bask I did.

My favorite song of the evening was If I had a Boat. I just listened to Lyle Lovett's version on YouTube; and I like Shana's performance much better. She sang that song like she crossfits -- balls-to-the-wall and with so much heart.

Midnight Train to Georgia and Stand by Me seemed to have been the crowd favorites. That's when the dancing and singing-along started. I think that's about the time that Sheryl could no longer remain in her seat and Erica demonstrated the burpee (while wearing a short little black dress)!

It was a nice change to see everyone in real clothes with coiffed hair and their makeup on. Everyone was "lookin' good" and having fun.

It was a great night out with friends. Let's make a habit of it!

8 comments:

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

The picture of Shana is courtesy of Kath. I stole it off the CFNA website. It was so much better than any I took. Thanks, Kath!

Shana A. said...

Thanks, Pat. It was a really great time last night! I had a blast! Garrett had asked me if I'd consider doing one a month. I may indeed do that. I made $22 in the tip case last night and that is a good start on a plane ticket to California.
The next Level II just got posted and it's in November in Union City. I already emailed them to see if I could get a spot! That gives me another 6 1/2 weeks to get in shape!
Probably just what I needed to really set in the Paleo ways ... I was starting to slip a little... just a little.

Pat said...

That's great news about being a 'regular' at Java Monkey. I'll be there. And regarding raising funds for your trip in November, I'm sure we just need to get the word out, and you can raise some really good $ at your next show.

I'm making white chicken chili in the crockpot. Should be about ready. It's a WW recipie. If it's good, I'll share the recipie. I'm also making a pot of vegetable soup -- another WW recipie...it's a 0-point soup which means I can fill-up without using a lot of my points. It's made with whatever veggies you choose -- of course no starchy veggies. Since I really like to eat, it's good for me to have food that I can fill up on that doesn't pack on the calories.

So I'll have the chili and the veggie soup for this next week. I've planned my menus for next week and shoppped today. And I'm cooking 3 things over the weekend to get ready for the week (the veggie soup, the chili, and a turkey breast -- I'll cook that tomorrow.

Sheryl McCalla said...

Excellent Pat. You need to add your picture to the "good examples" post.

Shana A. said...

Wow, Pat! Sheryl's SO right! You're a great example for all of us!!

Wanted to share this link with all of you because it makes me smile every time I watch it! Sooo sweet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc

Pat said...

I boo-hooing over the video. That's so sweet. I want a pet lion!

Shana A. said...

I swear I get teary-eyed everytime I watch it!!