Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shopping, Diet, and Other Mundane Stuff


Me and Melvin enjoying the recent snow at the cabin.
I want more of this in my life (enjoyment, not snow necessarily).


I went shopping over the weekend for something to wear to Rachel's wedding. I have been putting off buying new clothes until I lose more weight. And since I work from home, I've been able to get away with it. No one cares what I wear while I'm sitting at my desk at home. Melvin never notices that I rotate between two pairs of jeans day after day. But I needed something for Rachel's wedding so I went shopping on Saturday. No luck. I went again Sunday afternoon, and this time I went with Shana. She had me try things I probably would not have tried. I bought a cute skirt and blouse--not too dressy so it's something I can get a lot of use from. That's important. I went shopping again on my own Monday night and bought another skirt and blouse. It's good to have some clothes that fit. I plan to buy a few more pieces over the coming weeks for spring and summer. When these get too big, I'll give them away, but for now it's important to have clothes that fit and make me feel good.

I'm doing ok with my "diet". I would like to do better, but I'm doing so-so and keeping my food journal this week. I've tried to crank up the activity a notch or two by doing some extra walking or jogging. Over the weekend, I worked in the yard. Besides my crossfit workouts, I tend to be so sedentary. I sit at this computer all day long and evenings too, so adding some activity to my day is a good thing.

I'm feeling tired...like all the creativity and energy has been drained right out of me. I think this comes from months of going non-stop. I don't really see things changing anytime soon. People aren't meant to work 7 days per week, week after week. I'm realizing that I will have to let some things go. I will have to say "no" to some things. I just can't do everything the way I want to do it and do all that everyone wants me to do. I'll do my best, and my best may sometimes disappoint me. It may disappoint others. But that will just have to be okay.


There is not enough time to do all the nothing we want to do.
~ Bill Watterson ~

4 comments:

Byron said...

Another great blog post, and a real reminder for me as I take on the extra tasks I am doing right now. I understand the feeling of "tired", as I think I am there with you.

I just keep working on the attitude and staying positive, even if sometimes it seems it is on the outside while the inside voices try to bring me down! I will not allow it! Your sharing your "sometimes" struggles help. Now, I need to get to doing something instead of nothing, but . . .

Sheryl McCalla said...

Pat, I so feel ya. In the past few weeks it feels like I've had very little time to do anything other than what MUST get done - parenting, keeping my job, dealing with life's unexpected twists and turns.

As a result I've had little time to do things that make me feel good about me. So, as a start,I'm going to get my hair done this evening (weeks over due). And this morning I made the decision to change my diet for a while.

Byron, you're right about staying positive. Besides spring is around the corner and I love spring.

Rachel Nye said...

pat, can't wait to see your new gigs, you are going to look so pretty! Retail therapy, sometimes helps! I think we are all moving at the speed of light lately, something must be in the stars. But I feel as if everything is going to become much more peaceful soon, napping, reading... awww the good old days!

PS Someone please change my CFED membership to non-student, I am officially done with school!!!!!!

Sheryl McCalla said...

Congats Rae!!!