Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Bouquet of Gratitude II

Cows grazing in a field near Mama's house.


It's been a rough week, but amidst all the challenges, blessings abounded. Looking back over the last few days, I realize that I have much to be thankful for. I am reminded that I can handle anything as long as I stay present and focus on the moment at hand. In each moment, in the now, everything is fine. Even in great difficulty, especially in great difficulty, God provides what we need to get through that moment, that hour. It comes in the form of courage, grace under fire, self-control, a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, a good idea, a call from a friend you didn't know you had, a welcome surprise, the beauty of the earth and all God's creatures, even another person's trouble to remind you what really matters.



"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."

~ Denis Whatley ~



One of God's beautiful creatures.

4 comments:

Byron said...

Another beautiful post! Thanks for reminding me that beauty is found in every moment. I spent a hectic weekend with the family, including all the nieces and nephews. It was fun, but exhausting! Sitting staring at the giant oak draped in the moss provided a brief moment of calm. Hope your weekend brought you some calm, too. I will be driving to Augusta tomorrow. Are you available for a call?

Pat said...

BYRON! I miss you! We'll catch up soon. thanks for your post.

gypsy-heart said...

I followed my images, and I am happy with what I see. There is a good positive energy here.

I wish you success on your journey to wholeness and to those that you inspire and encourage along the way!

Love and light to you,
~gypsy-heart (aka Susan Morrison Sims) :)

Pat said...

Thanks gypsy-heart (aka Susan). I am honored that you checked out my blog. I love your art work! I'm glad you are ok with me sharing it here.