Thursday, June 4, 2009

For Kenny: Winds of Change

" Autumn on the Horizon"
by Duh Huynh


"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."
~ unknown ~

"Change is the only constant."
~ Proverb ~

"To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly."
~ Henri Bergson ~

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."
~ John F Kennedy ~

"All things change; nothing perishes."
~ Ovid ~

"Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine."
~ Robert C Gallagher ~

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."
~ Arnold Bennett ~

"Other things may change, but we start and end with family."
~ Anthony Brandt ~

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kenny, whatever you choose, I support you. And isn't it great to have choices! Everything is going to be just fine. Love you, friend. Keep me posted.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

When I first met Pat, she had just started working at McCorkle Nurseries as a merchandiser while she was finishing school. At that time, I thought she was approximately 25 to 28 years old and very wise beyond her age. I remember saying to myself that “certainly this one is not going to last doing this work.” Well, I was wrong on two of my first three thoughts. Pat was a little older, and she has turned out to be the best employee ever at McCorkle. I was, however, correct that her wisdom is still beyond her age. Therefore, I have made few decisions in my life without consulting with Pat first and this has served me well.

I am now faced with the decision of moving my family to San Diego. This is a very difficult decision due to our roots and extended family being in Georgia. I called Pat yesterday in a very emotional state and once again her voice of reason has spoken.

Pat, thank you and I think everyone of us agree that having you in our lives is a joy and a blessing. With love, Kenny, Sonya, John, Hannah and Caroline

Pat said...

Thanks, Kenny. This is an exciting time for you...whether you take this opportunity or another one...it's an exciting time for you and your family. And you know the reason I've probably always liked you so much is that you thought I was 28 when I was 41! ;-) That makes me just 35 now. I like it!