Monday, June 8, 2009

Full of Good Stuff

My Sunday Supper
steak and baked potato
steamed asparagus, tomato & cucumber


Over the last week I worked to get my eating, my exercise, and my thinking back on track. The three go hand-in-hand for me. I am convinced more and more that my depression can be kept in check with good nutrition and strenuous exercise (emphasis on strenuous). So last week I focused on improving my diet without putting too much pressure on myself or beating myself up for the near total derailment I experienced during the month of May. I took a fresh attitude with my workouts too. I decided to focus on the intensity, even if that meant backing off the prescribed workout. That really paid off. By Saturday, I was starting to feel well again. Sunday was even better.

My weekend was long, slow, quiet, and a little bit lonely. But full of good stuff. Stuff like three CrossFit workouts; three walks at Lullwater with Melvin; one trip to the bookstore; two naps; a phone call with Mama; yard work; the same cute guy encountered three different times at Lullwater; one novel finished and another started.

That's a good list. I like that my weekend was full of good stuff rather than stuffing myself full.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________


"I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavor."
~ from Walden, by Henry David Thoreau ~

3 comments:

Meeks said...

PatC- Your meals always look so good. Some of us may hire you out if you want a new career:-) Great to see you at the gym this weekend.

Pat said...

Thanks, Shannon! It was good to see you at the gym too...sort of like old times.

LoveKatt said...

That's the best looking dinner I've seen in a while! Yum! Yeah, you can come cook for me too!