Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's All Relative


Yesterday started with an 8am workout with Myesha, Jackie, and Christin. I haven't worked out with Myesha in forever, and well, it's been even longer since I worked out with Jackie. It was so much fun to "wod" with them. Christin was there as well. She is someone I had heard about and have been wanting to meet. She's beautiful and fit. And approaching 50. It's great to have role models closer to my age . . . just in case I am tempted to use the age-excuse. So add Christin to the growing number of fabulous 40+ women for me to emulate: Sheryl, Kath, and Christin to name three. I think Denise may be 40 or close to it. She's another great excuse-buster. And don't forget Ann. They are all around me! I guess I will just have to put down the donuts and join them.

Last night I had a great salad at Zaxby's. This is information you need in case you ever find yourself in rural Georgia in need of a reasonably healthy meal. I don't know of a Zaxby's anywhere near me in Atlanta, but I see them all the time when I am outside the metro-area. I ordered the grilled chicken salad, and I've got to tell you it was delicious! So fresh and crispy. It was way more than a cut above typical fast food.

Now it's confession time. There's a Dairy Queen right next to the hotel where I'm staying, and all of a sudden I found myself at the counter reading the menu. I contemplated the sundaes and blizzards. You know you are in big trouble when you are about to order a dessert that has another entire dessert listed as one of the ingredients. That's right. These blizzards contain candy bars and brownies and stuff. Ice cream alone isn't enough; we have to chop up an entire Butterfinger and add it to the ice cream! Aargh! I snapped to my senses. Well, sort of . . . I ordered a small cone and enjoyed every lick. It was perfectly yummy even though I did not find a Snickers bar hidden inside.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

I know where you are and yes that DQ is very tempting.

Have fun.

The Orkins said...

Great post Pat. Back from a whirlwind trip and trying to get back on track. That Zaxby's salad sounds great - I will try it next time.