Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Lot Like Omelets, Only Better

My Frittata with Spinach, and Smoked Gouda

I recently discovered frittatas, and I am loving them.  Frittatas are a lot like omelets, only better.  They are easier to make and the leftovers are perfect for quick meals, even meals on the go.  Leftover slices can be eaten cold, with your fingers, like a slice of pizza.   I make my frittatas in a cast iron skillet.  I start them on top of the stove on low heat, and finish under the broiler.  I use 6 well-beaten eggs as the base, seasoned of course with a little salt and pepper.   I add to that mixture whatever I want.  Favorite ingredients include ground pork sausage from Whole Foods, chopped fresh spinach, and cheese.  For the paleo-purists, you can easily make this 100% paleo; just choose ingredients accordingly.

No comments: