Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Stuffed Peppers

Paleo Stuffed Peppers

Here's a simple paleo recipe:  Stuffed Peppers.  For mine, I made a meat sauce using grass-fed ground beef, cauliflower "rice", onions, garlic, mushrooms, and canned tomatoes.   I cooked this all up in a skillet and then stuffed the peppers with the meat sauce.  I baked the peppers at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.  During the last few minutes of baking time, I topped with a little parmesan cheese.  I served these with Sauteed Spinach with Toasted Pepitas and Cherry Tomatoes.

2 comments:

Byron said...

These sound tasty! How did you create your cauliflower "rice"? I use cauliflower as a potato, but never thought of substituting for rice. I might create this tonight for fun! You looked amazing New Year's (and, yes, I would say beautiful!)!

Pat said...

Hey Byron! I used a cheese grater and grated the cauliflower. I think it's normally made with a food processor, but the grater worked fine and the result was about the texture of rice. Here's a good link: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbsidedishes/r/caulirice.htm