Thursday, August 6, 2009

A New Standby


Tuna with Chopped Vegetables


I'm trying to eat more vegetables, fruit, lean protein, and healthy fats -- and fewer refined carbs. I feel so much better and more satisfied when I eat this way, but after a lifetime of eating differently, sometimes it's hard to know what to eat. I need some "go-to" meals, especially for breakfast and lunch, to replace the old standbys of cereal and sandwich.

Yesterday I made a tuna salad from canned albacore tuna, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and green olives. I drizzled the whole thing with a dressing of extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, and cracked black pepper. It was tasty, and it looked good -- that's important to me too. Plus it was quick, easy, and portable -- all good qualities in a lunch. This one makes my list of new standbys.

No comments: