Thursday, December 18, 2008

Get Your Hopes Up

"Peace and Hope"
by Duy Huynh



How many times has someone said to you, "well, just don't get your hopes up." Maybe you have thought it yourself or said it to someone else? Why say such a thing? It's not because we don't believe or have faith; it's because we do believe. We believe that we will not or cannot change, and we expect more of the same. When we say, "don't get your hopes up," we are basically admitting that we expect to fail--that we do not expect to have what we want. You cannot in one breath say you believe, and in the next breath say, "but I'm not getting my hopes up."

Yesterday we shared our wishes and dreams for the future. Our challenge now is to get our hopes up and expect our dreams to be fulfilled!

3 comments:

Byron said...

What a beautiful post! I love the picture! I had my hopes that yesterday I would get a perfect result from the audit. Well, I was disappointed because they always seem to find something! But, I have hopes for next year! With dreams, come some disappointments, but I have learned from those disappointments. I will keep reaching for the stars.

I am sorry that I did not get to post yesterday. I was in the "Exit Conference" with the auditors ALL DAY! So, I will keep my wishlist short: I wish that each you have the happiness and health you so much deserve during the holidays! Only one more day until we are depart for my first Christmas on the Panama Canal! I have my hopes up this year will be the best Christmas ever with my family! NO STRESS! YEAH!

Sheryl McCalla said...

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

Kath said...

I really like today's theme, perfect choice Pat.
Fully trust for your expectations to be realized and then it's not really hope... it's a freaking PLAN haha.
On of my favorite sayings is "if you follow your dreams all the universe will conspire to help you achieve it."