Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun Morning with My Sister

" With In"
by
Hadley Hutton



I've had a restful few days at the cabin. I tried to unplug totally. Failed at that, but I did manage to back away from the computer to a large extent, and my cell phone doesn't work here, so that one was easy. I slept alot; rested and iced my knee/ham string. It is a little better.

Myra and I met for a workout yesterday at Sansford-Hull Elementary School. There is a nice area out front with pullup bars and a track. Yesterday I introduced her to the clean and the push press. This was also her first experience with the pullup bars so I included jumping pullups and knees-to-elbows in the workout. She surprised herself that she could even hang from the bar for the KTE. Here's the workout we did:

7 Rounds for time:

9 Good Mornings
7 Pullups (Myra: jpulls; Pat: band assisted)
5 Push Press (Myra: 20# bar; Pat: 25# dumbbells)
3 KTE
100 M Farmer's Walk (Myra: about 8#; Pat: 25# dumbbells)

Since we didn't have dumbbells lighter than 25#'s, we used Publix green grocery bags with water bottles inside for Myra's famer's walk. This worked great, and is easily scalable. It was a fun morning with my sister. I'm so proud of her. Her son Joseph is hospitalized at Egleston right now for treatment related to cystic fibrosis (just a tune-up; he's going to be fine). She could have easily let this get in the way and prevent her from working out. But she didn't. That's inspiring. She has hospital duty this week with Joseph which means she will be in Atlanta. We're planning to meet up for another workout while she is in town.

1 comment:

Sheryl McCalla said...

Yaaaay! Glad to have this back.