Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pondering the Mundane

Asparagus Omelet with Strawberries and Pineapple


Just a quick post tonight to report on how things are going.

On the nutrition front, I am doing a little better. I've been sharing my food diary with a friend every day. This accountability has really helped me get a grip. I'm still craving sweets and carbs, still struggling with the blues some, but hanging on. I'm fighting it. I haven't thrown in the towel.

On the exercise front, I'm doing something, and the knee is slowly improving. I swam last Friday; I wrote about that. On Saturday I did a CrossFit workout that I called "Look Ma, No Knees" It was 5 rounds of 20 wall-ball sit ups (12#), 15 shoulder press (35#), and 10 push ups. On Sunday I did a chipper workout that was also easy on the knees: 25 step-ups, 25 pull ups, 25 dumb-bell swings (25#), 100M farmer's walk with 25# dumbbells, 25 knees-to-elbows, 25 shoulder press (35#), 25 good mornings, 25 wall-ball sit ups (12#), and 100 jump-rope singles. Tonight I did a kick-boxing workout at X3 in Inman Park. Audrey told me about this gym, so I decided to give it a try. And I'm walking everyday. Melvin is very happy that I have added more walking to my routine.

I'll get through this rough patch. Everything is going to be just fine. I have friends dealing with real hardships like unemployment and serious health issues. I am blessed to be able to ponder the mundane. Blessed and thankful and praying for my friends.

No comments: