Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hot Pink Toes

New hot pink toes!


I am having a hard time. There. I said it.

Because of this knee problem, I am very limited in what I can do in the CrossFit world, so I haven't joined a gym yet. I really need to be in a gym. I've got to take care of this ASAP. And I need access to a pool. I've checked into pool options, and the only thing holding me back now is the thought of me in a bathing suit. I don't want to swim for exercise. I would rather do "Fran" everyday for the rest of my life. Hmmm . . . that's a little something that I need to overcome, I think. Another growth opportunity. Great. Just great.

I’m on a slippery slope. Without my typical burner workouts, combined with the recent loss and change in my life, I feel myself heading deeper into depression. When I feel blue or depressed, I crave sweets and carbs to make me feel better. But this just sets up a vicious cycle that makes the depression worse. I know this, but I am still having a hard time eating well.

I do have a glimmer of optimism this morning. My knee is noticeably better today than it was. I saw the orthopedist yesterday, got an injection of cortisone for the swelling, and it is already better – still swollen, stiff, and painful, but better. The cortisone doesn’t solve the underlying issue, but it sure makes me feel better to have improvement. All the rest and ice in the world were not budging it, and I was starting to worry that it might never get better – that I might never be able to squat or lunge again. So I am very thankful for the improvement I feel this morning.

And I got a pedicure last night. New hot pink toes! I usually go for a more natural look, but this was an act of desperation. Desperate times call for desperate measures . . . even me in a bathing suit.

4 comments:

The Orkins said...

Love the hot pink toes! They seem to match your jammies too.

Just keep your head up - I joined the gym in my office building yesterday and need to get myself there, but I keep coming up with some pretty good excuses.

Sheryl McCalla said...

Hi Chickie,

Gawwwgeous toes! I love it. Once you make yourself get in the water (yes, in a bathing suit) I think you'll be very happy. I've found that water can be very soothing and therapeutic in and of itself.

LoveKatt said...

Hey, Pat! Water workouts can be really satisfying! They stretch everything, without any impact, and you can really get some great cardio! Hope you get in the water soon!

Look at that! My word verification is "toinged"...rather apropos for this post title, eh?

Pat said...

Thanks, Ladies for all the support!