Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Like Coming Home

Zeke, Erica, Marshall, me, Scott
(Sheryl left before the picture, and Danielle took the picture.)


Thanks to Marshall, I dragged my behind over to Fitness Battalion CrossFit tonight for a workout. Marshall coached while I chased a group of fast, strong, athletes: Zeke, Scott, Danielle, Erica, and Sheryl. We did a workout called the "CrossFit 300." It looks like this:

For Time:
25 Pullups
50 Deadlifts; M: 135#/W: 95#
50 Pushups
50 Box jumps, 24"
50 Floor wipers; M: 135#/W: 95#
50 Kettlebell Clean n Press; M: 36#/W:
25 Pullups

I scaled and modified as needed. I've never done "floor wipers" before and when Marshall first demonstrated, I doubted that I could do these. But what do you know? I could. And that made me happy. But the best part was working out with these friends. It felt like coming home after a long trip.

No comments: