Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Hope Also With You

Piedmont Park
A beautiful view observed along the main pathway.

I went for a walk in Piedmont Park last Friday. What a treat. I haven't been there in a while, and I was impressed. The lawns have recovered nicely from the drought, and all the restoration work looks really good. I must remember to enjoy this jewel just down the road. Melvin agrees.

I have continued to visit gyms. Since I last blogged, I visited CrossFit Rx and CrossFit Peachtree. I have decided to join CrossFit Rx. This is a great little gym with outstanding trainers, and it's just 3 miles from my house. And I already know a few people who workout there, so that's a big plus. Being part of a supportive Crossfit community is very important to me, and I hope to find this at CFRX. I liked CrossFit Peachtree a lot, but given the midtown location, it is obviously not a practical option. I hope to visit CFPT again with my friend, Russell who has decided to join there.

The knee continues to improve, ever so slowly.

I'm doing fairly well with my nutrition. I got side-tracked a little over the weekend and found myself feeding some junky emotions. The good news is that I nipped it in the bud before things got too out of control. I'm working on a couple of articles for the blog that are deeper, more soul-searching. But these take time, and I have to be in the right frame of mind to write -- and then share these.

So even though the posts are fewer lately, lots of good stuff is happening with me. I hope also with you.

5 comments:

Kenny said...

All is well. Glad to see you are going good.

Kenny said...

Doing good. sorry

Pat said...

Going good works too. Good to hear from you.

LoveKatt said...

Yay! I'm glad you found a Xfit that is good for you! Have fun!

Did you meet a Darcy while at Xfit Battalion? She's a friend of mine who just started there last month....

Pat said...

Katt, I did not meet Darcy at Fitness Battalion. Maybe she's met Marshall since he coaches there now.