Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nice Recovery

My dinner last night.
I love the taste of balsamic vinaigrette on oranges. Give it a try in your salad.


Doing well. I recovered nicely from Sunday when I veered off course. I'm terribly busy right now. Too busy. But I'm pleased that I am maintaining some sanity with my eating. Tomorrow I will be traveling by car (well, truck really) to the farm where my company grows all the beautiful plants we sell. It will be a long day. Two and half hours to get there. Then we do what we call a "slow crawl" of the nursery. We actually ride (in a van) the entire nursery looking at crops. This takes 5 hours or so. Then the return trip home. So, I've got to get myself prepared for this trip. I need to set my mind and pack a cooler so that I'm not at the mercy of the moment. Or the lunch at "Peggy's" in Wrens, Georgia. Peggy is a good southern girl, and she knows how to cook a "meat and two veggies," biscuits, sweet tea, dessert, and the whole nine yards.

Here's my food diary from yesterday. I went heavy on the fruit and light on the veggies...I think I was craving sugar because of my off-day on Sunday. Feeling back to normal today.

7:30 am, Breakfast
scrambled eggs on 2 slices ezekiel toast
coffee with soy milk

Noon-ish, Lunch
1 egg
2 slices canadian bacon
1/2 cup applesauce
orange

3:30 pm
1 cup of frozen cherries
banana
coffee with soy milk

5:30 pm, WOD-- 3 Rounds of: Row 500M, 21 Burpees, Run 400M - 29:54
Have I mentioned how much I hate burpees and how my hips pretty much refuse to do them?

8:30 pm, Dinner
Salad of mixed greens, pork tenderloin, tomatoes, broccoli, orange, and balsamic vinaigrette.
almonds

10:30 pm
1 oz dark chocolate
decaf coffee with soy milk

4 comments:

Moira said...

Nice indeed!

Keep it up, Pat! I'm jealous of your slow crawl through the beautiful nursery. Sounds like heaven.

Pat said...

Thanks, Mo. I appreciate the feedback. Sometimes I start to wonder if anyone is reading the blog and if I should continue to bother to do it. So it's nice to get a comment...even if you have little or nothing to say. I hope you are doing well....are you back at the gym this week?

Moira said...

Do bother, Pat!
I even see some of what you're doing as potentially being incredibly therapeutic. That day with the tree business with your neighbor...I stew on stuff like that for ages so I'm guessing writing about it helped you let it go...helped me remember that writing things like that down get them out of your head (thus, you've helped me sleep, believe it or not).
I am back at the gym this week. HOORAY!
Very very light on the lifting for me today until I recover, but, made me happy again not to be the last one finishing a WOD today (I was actually 2nd!). It's so unusual for me I always think I've cheated a round or something.

The Orkins said...

Pat - I read it daily! I get ideas from your posts on things I should be eating. Thanks for putting it all out there. Please continue to do it.