Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Voices in My Head


Since I'm not counting points or blocks or calories, and not feeling deprived, I'm starting to doubt this approach. The dieter voice in my head is telling me I need to get on a diet. The fat voice in my head is telling me that I can't lose weight doing what I'm doing, and that I may even be gaining weight. The perfectionist voice in my head is telling me that this approach is not good enough because...well, it's not perfect.



"What a liberation to realize that the voice in my head is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees [all this]."
~ Eckhart Tolle ~



7:30 am, Breakfast
2 slices ezekiel bread, toasted
1 T peanut butter
2 soy sausage links

12:30 pm, Lunch
Kashi Southwest Chicken (from the freezer case)
served on a bed of mixed greens with grape tomatoes
with a dollop of non-fat greek-style yogurt
apple

1:00 pm, Walk with Melvin

4:15 pm, Snack
apple with cottage cheese and sprinkle of cinnamon

6:30 pm, WOD
"DT" (5 rounds of: 12 95# deadlifts, 9 95# hang power cleans, 6 95# push jerks) 14:45

8:00 pm, Dinner
Chick-Fil-A Southwest Chargrilled Salad
with sunflower seeds and fat-free honey mustard dressing
orange
unsweet tea

10:30 pm
apple and cottage cheese

2 comments:

Sheryl McCalla said...

I'm reading.

Meeks said...

No scale x ~6 months now leaves me feeling the same way some days. I occasionally get this panic that I'm going the wrong direction. I don't want to trust how I feel but I haven't given in yet..will keep going.

Hopefully I'll see some of y'all at the gym tonight since I'm making an evening visit (probably 6:30).