Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Wisdom in My Heart

"Heart Wisdom"
by Susan Morrison Sims


I'm continuing to post my food diary here because it seems to be helping me. My cleaned-up eating is helping even more. I want to keep it going, and at the moment I'm feeling like I can. It has helped me to back away from the perfectionist approach. I'm not bothering to weigh and measure everything, and I'm not counting points or blocks or calories. I'm not using external cues to tell me if it's ok to eat (the clock, Weight Watchers point allocation, the Zone block allocation). I'm just listening to my body, and if I'm hungry, I eat. I try to stop when I'm full or almost full. And I'm not listening to the voices in my head, just the wisdom in my heart. I feel like I've been let out of jail after a very long sentence. Praying that I can stay out.



8:00 am, Breakfast
oatmeal with milk
3 soy sausages
coffee with milk

1:15, Lunch
Big Salad of mixed greens, 3 oz pork tenderloin, tomato, carrots, roasted asparagus, orange, balsamic vinaigrette

4:00 pm, Snack
apple and cottage cheese

5:30 pm, WOD: SP 5x1, PP 5x3, PJ 5x5

7:30 pm, Dinner
(Munched on pork tenderloin while I was getting dinner ready. I was ravenous.)
1 egg plus 2 egg whites
2 slices canadian bacon
mixed greens with tomato, carrots, broccoli, and balsamic vinaigrette
orange

10:00 pm, Snack
apple with cottage cheese

3 comments:

Pat said...

Byron, I just saw your comment from this morning on yesterday's post. Sorry I was late getting today's post up. Anyway, regarding your comment on protein...that's a tough one and a personal choice. I know Shana had been vegetarian for years and started eating meat again because she wanted to get in better shape, get faster and stronger. But she was in damn good shape already...so it just depends on what you want. She was eating fish though, so it's even harder for you if you don't eat fish.

Erica said...

Pat, I know I've said this before, but I must reiterate...I love reading what you write. You are very wise.

Pat said...

Erica, thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

All, I invited Erica to join the blog. I think everyone knows her except for maybe Moira and Byron. Erica is a nutritionist and a life coach. (And an excellent crossfitter). I'm doing some life-coaching sessions with her starting next week. I'm excited. We had our an initial meeting the other day just to talk about how it would work, and it already helped me.