Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Update

Let's see. Quick update on the last few days. Friday was really good. As I reported in my Friday blog post, I got into some trouble on Thursday and ate for reasons other than hunger. On Friday, I cleaned up my act and had a really good day. I was very busy on Friday. Between my job and CFED, I literally worked from 8am until midnight with just a short break here and there. Through it all, I managed to eat well and get in a quick workout. Good day!

Saturday was also a good day. I was on track all day despite being very busy and tired. Late Saturday I drove over to the cabin. While I got there later than planned, I made it. I stopped by my mom's for a visit before going to the cabin, and we made ice cream sundaes. I enjoyed the sundae and was able to have it and forget about it. Eating the sundae was a "cheat". Being able to cheat and not binge was a victory. There's a difference, trust me.

I awoke to a beautiful day on Sunday, but I was tired and in a funky mood. hmmm. Could it be the sugar in the ice cream affecting me? I had not eaten refined sugar to speak of in over a week. I battled my mood and fatigue all day on Sunday. I ate well at breakfast. Ate a hot dog and chips for lunch! And it was down-hill from there. So here's my learning. I should have done a workout on Sunday morning. I had planned to do the Saturday CFED WOD. That burner workout would have snapped me right out of that funky mood and enabled me to make good food choices all day. But I gave into my mood, never did the workout, and ate poorly all day.

Enough looking back. It's a new day, and I KNOW I will eat well. And I KNOW I will work out.

No comments: